The Neerim and District Landcare Group was formed by a small group of volunteers in the late 90's and today has over seventy members with interests in one or more of the following areas:
- Sustainable farming
- Land management
- Local biodiversity
- Pest plant and animal control
Landcare is based on the principle of local community members collaborating collectively to address shared local environmental issues.
Education on landcare issues is facilitated through activities such as Field Days, Farm Walks, Bus Trips and Guest Speakers at meetings.
Various forms of assistance are available to members, such as:
- Access to funding (when available)
- Discounts on agricultural chemical purchases
- Loan equipment to facilitate re-vegetation projects
- Use of the Baw Baw Shire's Spray Trailer
- Discounted on selected training courses (Whole farm planning, ACUP Chemical Users Permit, 1080 baiting, etc)
NDLG does not currently hold any general meetings other than the Annual General Meeting, however the group does run several events where members can meet to learn about and discuss a range of topics. Keep an eye on our upcoming events section or simply sign-up for our QuickNotes service which we use to notify members about any upcoming events or activities.